It seems like you are getting along with projectors well. Projectors are a piece of innovation and most of the people these days are considering to replace their TV with projectors. In addition to this, while replacing the Tv with a projector you have to convert a projector into Tv. For this purpose you need a fire Tv stick which is connected to projector to convert it to Tv. We have already explained that how to connect a fire Tv stick to projector but it used HDMI port of the projector. If your projector is old and does not contain a HDMI port then the question comes that how to connect firestick to projector without HDMI.
Clearly, it has some alternate methods. Some of these methods are mentioned below. Read the article to know how to connect firestick to projector without HDMI.
Does HMDI port is necessary for firestick?
Absolutely, yes an HDMI port is necessary for a firestick. A fire stick is connected through an HDMI port. People mix HDMI port with USB port because sometimes a firestick is plugged into a USB port. When a firestick is plugged in a USB port it starts taking power and is charged but firestick is only detected and paired when it is connected through HDMI port. It is not recognized by a USB port.
How to connect firestick to projector without HDMI?
Connecting a fire TV stick to projector is an easy task. Moreover, HDMI port is necessary but if in some cases like you have a very old projector which does not contain an HDMI port or HDMI port of your projector is broken then it becomes a complicated task to connect firestick. You might have to consider alternate methods or devices to connect firestick. It may require specific things and an additional time for connection but it is not a difficult task to carry out. Some of these methods are explained below.
1. By using HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter:
For this method the only thing you need is an adapter and additional time:
- Buying an adapter: First of all you need to buy an HDMI to Micro-HDMI adapter. The main advantage of this adapter is that it helps t connect the firestick to projector through Micro-HDMI port.
- Connecting firestick: The next step is to connect the firestick with the adapter by plugging it in.
- Adapter connection: After the connection of firestick to the adapter the next step is to plug in adapter in the projector.
- Setting up: Now power on the projector and see whether the firestick is detected or not if it is detected then adjust the setting according to your choice to enjoy seamless media on it.
- Error management: In case any error occur or the connection is broken follow the steps mentioned above.
2. Using the USB cable:
In this method you just need a USB cable which comes with the firestick.
- Taking cable: First of all, you need to take the USB cable from the box of firestick.
- Connection: Now plug one end of the the cable to the firestick and the other end with the projector
- Setting up: Now turn on the projector. It will detect the cable and a notification appears that switching to USB mode. After the conversion, enjoy a seamless connection.
3. Wireless connection:
In some cases or some types of projectors wireless connectivity is also possible. For this method you just need a properly working bluetooth.
- Turning on the bluetooth connection: First of all you need to turn on the bluetooth on your projector and your firestick. Note that bluetooth is not present in all types of projectors so you must check the specification of projector if you are considering to buy a new one. .
- Pairing: Now pair both the devices through an active bluetooth connection.
- Setting up: Then open the settings and adjust them according to your choice.
- Errors: Mostly the range of bluetooth is not that great so place you devices closely and if the connection is broken follow the steps mentioned above to reconnect them.
How to get sound from firestick:
In case you want to give sound from firestick to the projector then there are multiple options. Such as you can use the output port present on the firestick. Which transfers the sound to the projector. On the other hand this task can be carried out using Bluetooth as well.
It is understood that firestick is not an in-built device so while using a firestick you may face certain difficulties. Some of them are mentioned below:
Firestick unable to connect:
Firesticks are now much more advanced than before. Now they come with various options like 4K resolution, defined graphics and HDR options. But in case your projector is not eligible to show any of these features then it they may not function properly. Another problem is that sometime you may connect the firestick with the power source which is under-powered and it may cause the connection lag or breaking. So, connect the firestick with appropriate source.
Issue of sound:
There is a function named Dolby output selection. Mostly it is activated itself and you need to turn it off.
When a device is not in-built and is connected externally then there are issues of sync of audio. It may also be sue to external speakers connected. The most common way to solve these issues is to directly connect the devices to the projector and the other way is to use mostly wired connection which reduce lag.
While replacing TV with a projector requires a lot of management. So, you need to connect a firestick to projector for watching TV on it. The main question is how to connect firestick to projector without HDMI? which is answered above. There are several methods to connect the firestick to projector without HDMI. most of them are explained above in easy steps. The issue of getting sound is most common so it was needed to be addressed. Most commonly while connecting a firestick there are a lot of connectivity issues which are elaborated above. Visit our website for more articles related to projectors. We are more than happy to help. Good Luck!
1. How to connect firestick to projector without HDMI?
The best and most common techniques to connect a firestick to projector without HDMI are explained above in easy words along with other problems which can be easily solved.
2. How to get sound from firestick to projectors?
Clearly, you can use the sound output present on the back of the firestick. Most easy technique is to use sound bar amplifiers and speakers to get sound.
3. Why a firestick important?
A firestick is very important for those users who are considering to use projector to replace TV. It is used to watch Tv over a projector. Moreover, it helps to stream media over internet such as Youtube, Netflix and many other media websites are available.